An electric kettle is one of the most useful electrical kitchen appliances available today; the product does not only make boiling water easy but also offers several advantages. However, like all the electric appliances available on the market today, electric kettles do come with disadvantages too. In this article, we will look into the top features offered by electric kettles and also the advantages and disadvantages of electric kettles.
It would be a waste of time to explain how electric kettles work or how it could be used. However, let me give you a summary of what electric kettles are, an electric kettle is a simple appliance that works on electricity. The device uses the electricity to produce heat, which in turn heats the liquid in the kettle.
Here are some of the top features of an electric kettle –
- An electric kettle is portable –
An electric kettle is a simple kitchen appliance that is designed in such a way that the user can carry it anywhere and can be used to boil water. Yes, unlike stovetop kettles, an electric kettle requires only a power source. However, some electric kettles are designed to work on car USB charging ports. This is why an electric kettle is portable.
- An electric kettle is easy to use –
While a stovetop kettle when hot is difficult to handle, however, when it comes to electric kettle even after heating the kettle can be handled with ease as the exterior of most of the electric kettles are made of insulator material.
- Electric kettles can heat the liquid to a precise temperature –
Different people require water with different temperature, some parents heat water for their kids in the kettle, the temperature of the water should not be too much nor too low. A stovetop kettle is not ideal for such purposes; this is why an electric kettle is better. An electric kettle today comes with a thermostat that allows the user to set the required temperature.
- Electric kettle can be used for multi-purposes –
There are more than a hundred models of electric kettles available on the market today. Not all kettles come designed in the same way, but the majority of the electric kettles available today come designed to heat any liquid. Yes, electric kettles can be used to heat milk, water, etc.
- An electric kettle shuts off automatically –
When it comes to stovetop kettles, the user will have to manually remove the kettle from the stove once the required temperature is attained, however, an electric kettle comes with circuits and setups that will automatically stop the heating once the appropriate temperature is reached.
Advantages of an electric kettle –
- An electric kettle is a multipurpose appliance that can be used to boil water, prepare tea, and even boil eggs. This is why electric kettle is the best companion for daily use.
- An electric kettle is comparatively faster than conventional kettles, this, in turn, helps the user save time by instantly delivering hot water.
- Electric kettles these days come with advanced features that include temperature control that allows the user to boil the water to a precise temperature
- An electric kettle is comparatively more energy efficient than stovetop electric kettles. However, larger electric kettles consume a lot of energy.
- An electric kettle is the best companion for people who travel a lot, in a way, an electric kettle is portable and it is easy to use.
- Latest electric kettles come with automatic shut off feature that keeps the kettle from burning.
- Some electric kettles are designed to work on the power from the car charger port.
Disadvantages of an electric kettle –
- When compared to stovetop kettles an electric kettle is expensive
- Almost every electric kettle is made of plastic, therefore, when compared to stovetop kettle; electric kettles are more prone to fire accidents.
- Even though an electric kettle comes with several advantages, it still consumes electricity and it could raise your electricity bills.
- Electric kettles are made of plastic and it could sometime melt if the thermostat fails
Most of the people prefer purchasing an electric kettle based on its advantages. However, most of the people still have no idea of the important features an electric kettle offers. This article will help you gain an insight into the top features offered by an electric kettle.